Exercise increased caution in Morocco due to terrorism.
Terrorist groups continue plotting attacks in Morocco. Terrorists may attack with little or no warning, targeting tourist locations, transportation hubs, markets/shopping malls, and local government facilities.
Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Morocco:
- Stay alert in locations frequented by Westerners.
- Avoid demonstrations and crowds.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Twitter and Facebook.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Morocco.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Raised to Level 2 due to terrorism after periodic review.
Originally Published: April 2, 2019