Exercise normal precautions in Gabon.
Exercise Increased Caution in:
- Libreville and Port Gentil due to crime.
Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Gabon:
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Gabon.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Libreville and Port Gentil
Crimes such as robbery, vehicle break-ins, and residential burglaries are common.
Originally Published: January 10, 2019